IN PRACTICE - Developed by experts for experts
IN PRACTICE documents are developed in close cooperation with experts within their field and contain interesting background knowledge on Söring products and technologies. A major characteristic of all IN PRACTICE documents are clear illustrations and valuable recommendations for the use of Söring products.
IN PRACTICE: Ultrasonic fragmentation
In these IN PRACTICE it is explained in detail how ultrasonic fragmentation in neuro and liver surgery works.
- role of cavitation in ultrasonic dissection
- illustration on sonotrode functionality and background knowledge on how aspiration, irrigation and ultrasound amplitude affect the tissue effect
IN PRACTICE: Achieving optimal tissue effects
For efficient tissue fragmentation, the mechanical properties of the pathologically altered tissue or – in case of livery surgery - the physiological liver tissue must be considered while setting the amplitude (ultrasound setting), aspiration and irrigation parameters on the ultrasonic generator. These IN PRACTICE give up-to date scientific information and recommendations.
- Classifications of tissue types in neuro and liver surgery
- Interaction of different settings, tissue types and dissection effects
- Setting combinations for different tissue classifications