LEVICS – Instruments for neurosurgery
Surgical precision in a highly sensitive environment
The neurosurgical LEVICS ultrasonic aspirator from Söring is characterised by its excellent design and has been specially developed for an accurate resection of intracranial and spinal tumors, preserving the surrounding structures as much as possible. Tumors of different consistencies are precisely and effectively fragmented. Thanks to its integrated aspiration these fragments are immediately removed. Additionally, the instrument impresses with its low weight which supports a safe working over long periods of surgery. Above all, the filigree and angled shape of the instrument body ensures an optimum view of the surgical field.
"The lightweight and ergonomic design of the LEVICS ultrasonic aspirator enables exceptionally safe operations while providing an optimal view of the surgical field. The different sonotrodes can effectively fragment and aspirate tumours of different consistencies."
Prof. Dr. Henry W. S. Schroeder, Director of the Clinic and Polyclinic for Neurosurgery, University Medicine Greifswald, Germany
LEVICS excellent instrument design for precise working
- fragments tumors of different consistencies precisely and effectively
- lightweight instrument supports a safe working over long periods of surgery
- filigree and angled shape of the instrument body ensures an optimum view of the surgical field
- using the intuitive torque wrench, the sonotrode can be mounted rapidly and easily with the Click & Start concept
"The filigree LEVICS ultrasonic aspirator offers a good solution for the precise fragmentation of tumors due to its wide range of different sonotrode geometries. With the beveled and notched sonotrodes, even hard and calcified tumors can be removed effectively and effortlessly."
Prof. Raphael Guzman, Chief physician and clinical director neurosurgery, Universitätsspital Basel, Switzerland
LEVICS enhanced sonotrode assortment
- broad range of sonotrodes with different lengths, diameters and tip geometries
- excellent visibility - minimal spray formation
- minimal adhesion and sticking to tissue
LEVICS ultrasonic aspiration merged with IONM
- higher accuracy of mapping1 -
the tissue is stimulated right at the place of resection
- safer resection process1 -
continuous acoustic feedback is given regarding the distance of the corticospinal tract
- simplified intraoperative ergonomics1 -
stimulation and resection is performed with only one device 2
1 are associated with dynamic continuous mapping by inomed as stated in the information material: Dynamic mapping of the corticospinal tract: instrument choice, D030166 EN
2 illustrated connection clip set is an optional product of inomed GmbH, Emmendingen
Safety and Clinical Performance Information according to MDR Annex I
Get access to the product related saftey and clinical performacne information according to MDR Annex I
What is needed?
- exchangeable sonotrodes
- reusable LEVICS Micro instrument
- torque wrench
- ultrasonic generator SONOCA 300 and accessories