Endoscopic Micro instrument ENP
Unique resection of deep-seated tumors
When removing intra- and paraventricular lesions, a minimally invasive approach may be favored over open surgery. Söring's “Endoscopic Neurosurgical Pen (ENP)” is the world‘s only ultrasonic aspirator whose exceptionally long sonotrode is guided through the working channel of an endoscope (Model GAAB from KARL STORZ 1). It allows deep-seated tumors of different consistencies to be fragmented and aspirated simultaneously and thus opens up new possibilities for minimally invasive surgery 2.
- long sonotrode for neuroendoscopic surgery
- simultaneous fragmentation and aspiration of target tissue
- also efficient for firmer tumor tissue 2,3
What is needed?
- Micro instrument ENP
- GAAB endoscope by KARL STORZ: 28096 AGA, trocar: 28162 BS
- ultrasonic generator SONOCA 300 and accessories
1 Endoscope: 28096 AGA, trocar: 28162 BS
2 Cinalli G, et al.: Initial experience with endoscopic ultrasonic aspirator in purely neuroendoscopic removal of intraventricular tumors, J Neurosurg Pediatr 19:325–332, 2017.
3 Ibáñez-Botella G, et al.: Purely neuroendoscopic resection of intraventricular tumors with an endoscopic ultrasonic aspirator, Neurosurg Rev 1-10, 2018.